Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Art in Progress: Beast Wars Rampage

So, I've been working on a piece as part of a collaborative project on Deviantart. Check it out on Devianart  Here . The project could still use more people, for those interested in the art-doing kind of thing.

 Everyone involved gets assigned a Beast Wars character to draw, and I was given Rampage. Just for fun I figured I would post a series of images of it to show off the progress from lines to color flats. Shading and extra detailing will come in once a project-wide light source is decided.






Left: Pencil lines, drawn on watercolor paper at an 11x17 scale



Right: Digital Inks started over top the lineart in Photoshop. I don't dare traditionally ink my lines. I always muck it up something fierce.


Finished digital inks! 




Left:  basic color flats slapped onto those lines. Progress, woo! Nothing fancy, just coloring in the lines.

Right: Finally for now, detailed color flats.






I'm taking a fairly simple, direct style for this project. Though for fun I may color him in a couple of different styles just to shake the cobwebs off of the digital coloring skills. Been a while since I've done lines and digital coloring like this. Like ...five years.




No comments:

Post a Comment